Sex/Gender Discrimination of Students Under Title IX
In the provision of aid, benefit or service to students, the university may not, on the basis of sex -
- Treat one student differently from another in determining whether the student satisfies any requirement or condition for the provision of any aid, benefit, or service
- Provide different aid, benefits, or services or provide aid, benefits, or services in a different manner
- Deny any student any such aid, benefit, or service
- Subject students to separate or different rules of behavior, sanctions, or other treatment
- Aid or perpetuate discrimination against a student by providing significant assistance to any agency, organization, or person that discriminates on the basis of sex in providing any aid, benefit, or service to students
- Otherwise limit any student in the enjoyment of any right, privilege, advantage, or opportunity.
Such aids, benefits or services may include, but are not limited to, admissions, recruitment, financial aid, academic programs, student treatment and services, counseling and guidance, discipline, classroom assignment, grading, vocational education, recreation, physical education, athletics, housing and employment.
Sex/Gender Discrimination of Faculty and Staff
- The Ohio State University is committed to building a diverse faculty and staff for employment and promotion to ensure the highest quality workforce, to reflect human diversity, and to improve opportunities for minorities and women. The university embraces human diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination. This commitment is both a moral imperative consistent with an intellectual community that celebrates individual differences and diversity, as well as a matter of law.
- Discrimination against any individual based upon protected status, which is defined as age, ancestry, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status, is prohibited.
- For information regarding sex/gender discrimination of faculty or staff, please see the Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity & Non-Discrimination/Harassment Policy 1.10: http://hr.osu.edu/policy/policy110.pdf